What is Blackboard?
Blackboard Learn is a Learning Management System for delivering course materials to students. This can include assessment items, lecture recordings, discussion forums and course content modules.
Using the Community of Inquiry Framework to develop an online presence through your course site
This resource describes the development of online experiences that enable students to engage cognitively with relevant and meaningful content while providing opportunities for interaction that promotes learning.
Blackboard can be used to:
- Display a range of course content, e.g. online modules, videos, graphics and documents
- Post announcements
- Allow students to collaborate online using discussion boards and group spaces
- Create and deliver online tests, including online exams
- Handle online assignment submission
- Disseminate marks and feedback for assessment items
Blackboard is the central location where student marks are stored, hence it is considered the “spine” of the VLE into which other VLE tools can integrate.
(Reflective question about how one might best design a course)
(What features of Blackboard could add value to your course content?)